4, 6, 8, 100; no matter how many legs your specimens have, our cabinets will protect them all. Insects are an essential part of our planet’s ecosystem that often go unseen, despite the incredible story they have to tell. Our museum storage solutions are built to organize and protect diverse entomology collections. Whether you are a scientist uncovering the mysteries of the world or an avid collector wanting to protect their collection, you can rest assured that Delta cabinets will keep your specimens safe and secure.
Safely Store Specimens
Our entomology storage cabinets have been specifically designed to provide you with plenty of space for your entomology specimens, no matter their shape or size. Our mechanically attached silicone gaskets combined with our flush locking hardware will protect your samples from light, dust, water, insects, rodents, and accidental disturbances from others.
Features and Specifications Comparison
We understand that you want to do everything in your power to ensure that your specimens are protected and easily categorizable. We offer our Model DXEN 48 with varying drawer sizes to provide you with precisely what you need.
To determine interior glide spacing, the type of Entomology drawer must be specified, so please ask about our design to order our Entomology series.
Model DXEN 48
- 43” wide x 84” high x 20” deep
- Capacity: 48 Cornell Drawers
Note: To determine interior glide spacing, the type of Entomology drawer must be specified
*Ask about our design to order Entomology series.
Typical Sizes for Entomology drawers are as follows:
- California: 19” wide x 2-1/2” high x 17” deep
- Cornell: 19” wide x 3” high x 16-1/2” deep
- KU: 19” wide x 3” high x 19” deep
- USNM: 18” wide x 3” high x 18” deep
- Cabinets are all steel and include heavy-duty construction
- Non-reactive, solvent-free, baked powder coat finish
- Mechanically attached silicone gaskets
- Flush locking hardware
- Three point latch system
- Full length door piano hinge
- Pull out reference shelf available
- Base levelers activated from the front of the cabinet for all four corners
- To determine interior glide spacing, type of Entomology drawer must be specified
- Five year guarantee for design, materials, and workmanship
- Cabinet Dimension: 43” wide x 84” high x 20” deep
- Cabinet Weight: 445 lbs.
- Double Steel Doors
- Full Height Center Divider
- Heavy-duty welded steel construction, .048”(18 ga.) for doors, sides, top, bottom, glides, and back, and .075”(14 ga.)/.060”(16ga.) for load bearing posts and door frame members. Base to be .060”(16ga.) and .105”(12 ga.)