Delta Designs Ltd. has been providing institutions with high quality, archival cabinets, and other custom storage solutions for the past 35 years. While not always in the public eye, the work we do in the back rooms of museums and universities is vital. We have worked with over 500 institutions domestic and foreign to keep their artifacts safe and secure for future study. Our team provides the best solution for unique collections. We are instilled with the ideal that by understanding the past we can build a better future. We are preserving the past to ensure that future.
Drafter/Designer works independently, with the design team, or with the project manager to provide drawings and schematics derived from specifications, layouts, and sketches using AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor, or other software/techniques. Designers work from product specifications to provide design solutions that meet standards for reliability, performance, cost, serviceability, and customer satisfaction. Must be able to coordinate and consult with sales/design leads to complete small-to-medium sized projects. Will be expected to review product designs and engineering drawings for discrepancies and to ensure adherence to established standards. Excellent communication skills are required as designers will work from information provided by project managers regarding customer requirements. Designers will report directly to the Head of the Design Department.
- Produce drawings, layouts, and/or diagrams from sketches, existing drawings, electronic images, design concepts and/or verbal instructions
- Complete small-to-medium sized projects from initial order through production
- Verify that drawings convey accurate information
- Perform self-check of drawing packages against established standards
- Perform reviews of product designs and drawings for discrepancies
- Associate degree or equivalent
- 0-2 years of relevant experience
- Candidate must have solid experience with AutoCAD or Revit
- Competent in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel
- Experience w/ OneNote, Teams is a bonus
- Has a solid understanding of drafting techniques and familiarity with engineering terminology
- Excellent communication skills and ability to coordinate with multiple groups
- Excellent problem-solving abilities using analytical skills
- Takes initiative to contribute to design review meetings
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will spend long periods sitting in front of a screen. The noise level in the office is usually moderate. While on the shop floor, the employee may be occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and vibration.
Entry Level - $45,000.00
Paid time off
Equal Opportunity Statement
Delta Designs Ltd. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills for the benefit of our staff, our mission, and the communities we serve. As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Delta Designs Ltd. does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, marital or civil union status, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other protected characteristics. All aspects of employment are based on merit, performance, and business needs.